1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smash - "The Bells and Whistles" - S2E08 - 3/26/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by martinp13, Mar 27, 2013.

1. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I wrote a whole paragraph and then realized I didn't really know how I felt about this episode. :) Two incredible songs (Sam's number and the Hit List 'journey' number), but the rollercoaster of "love this character, now hate this character, now love them again" is exhausting. Jimmy as a ******bag is annoying, and it's been annoying for weeeeeeks. I can't believe Jeremy Jordan didn't ***** and moan about how much everyone would hate his character.

I can't decide if I want to see Ivy's mother return or not. I think it's going to be a pretty lengthy story arc. :/

2. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I thought from the way they portrayed their relationship before, that it would totally destroy Ivy. But maybe that's what the writers are going for. Why the director would do it is another question. :confused:

I liked the music even better this ep. There are so many awesome singers on this show. :D

3. rosieambles

rosieambles New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    As much as I like Bernadette Peters, as a character, she is abusive to her daughter and I hate the relationship. I'd prefer they never had her back. I hate negative people like that. Especially since the mother picks on Ivy since she realizes that she has more talent than she( the mother) does.

4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I cant seem to get into this show any more. I still watch it but the story lines are getting really bad. I will probably start to do with this show as I do with Glee. Just FF thru the dialog and watch the singing.

5. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    If I'd been Tom I wouldn't have taken that crap from Eileen.

"What, Tom?? You don't have the star here when I've brought an important visitor??"

"Yes, Eileen, I gave Ivy the morning off. If you had called and said you were bringing a visitor, she would be here."

6. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Musical numbers :up:

Character and story development :thumbsdown:

7. rosieambles

rosieambles New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    And as much as I enjoy glee, it's not the same as the new material we get on Smash. I'm sad that it failed.

As much as I generally hate reality TV! I wonder if they'd started the reality tie in stuff early if that might have helped.