1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smash - "Bombshell" (Season Finale) - S01E15 - 05/14/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by martinp13, May 15, 2012.

1. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Ho-lee-crap. Now THAT is what a season finale should be. Plenty of twists and turns, and non-stop rollercoaster action for the whole hour. AND Ellis got fired! WOO!

To me that really was the perfect ending for the play: essentially the ghost of Marilyn hoping and begging that people don't forget her. Death plus a last word.

I think Ivy might have been ok if her mother hadn't shown up. That really pushed her over the edge.

2. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I confess that I look forward to this show and I really like it. I'm sad it's over and it's going to be a long wait. I know it's rather popular hear to diss it, but I love it.

All season long I was convinced it was Karens role, but they actually managed to make me think they'd go back to Ivy at the last minute tonight. Well done.

3. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    I liked that Ivy basically gave Karen all the emotional load she needed to carry on as Marilyn. I enjoyed the new songs, especially the new finale with all the call backs to previous numbers.
    Oh, regarding Ellis being fired. His response was very telling. I'm sure he'll be back to stir the pot next year even if he isn't employed by any of the other characters. I'm thinking lawsuit, but he really doesn't have much to stand on.

4. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I think Ellis is going to work for Mr. Eileen.

5. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    She didn't do that intentionally though, right? She was just being a bitca and messing with Karen's head so that she couldn't go on an Ivy could take her place.

Or did I miss something subtle?

6. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Ellis should be charged with a crime for trying to kill Rebecca.

Michael's wife had the good sense to dump his cheating ass, I only wish Julia's husband would do the same.

The writers must think we are stupid. We didn't need Julia to say she hasn't thrown up since she was pregnant with Annoying Son. Is the baby Michael's?

7. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    I agree, Tiams. Why weren't the police called when Ellis bragged about putting the peanuts in the smoothie? That's clearly attempted murder.

8. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I was trying to figure that out. When Ivy dumped the ring/etc on Karen and gave her the little speech, Karen ran out and the look on Ivy's face wasn't revenge or a smirk or anything like that. It was sort of "this happens all the time". I couldn't tell if it was bad acting on Megan's part or if Ivy was trying to "help" Karen in the most obtuse was possible. :)

9. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    That wasn't there for you and me... it was there for the people who need to be clubbed over the head.

I do wish they had left it at "threw up" and moved on, let us be clever and figure it out, and explain it to the morons later when the pregnancy is "revealed".

10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    A) It's just a TV show. :)

2) The only evidence is the confession, and that's a "she said, he said" situation. He can just deny it and then what?

iii) Even if they had useful evidence, given the problems they already have, I don't think Eileen would want the negative publicity that calling the cops on Ellis would bring.

11. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    As to A, you are right.

As to 2, after a crime is reported, an investigation happens and thats when evidence is gathered.

as to iii, there is no such thing as negative publicity.

12. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    Tell that to "Spider-Man, After the Dark".

13. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I'm curious to see if the new showrunner is going to keep the "Julia is pregnant, who is the father" storyline or let that drop.

14. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    It's actually been a box office hit and will hit its year anniversary of the official opening shortly. Whether or not it ends up in the black is a whole other thing though.

15. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    You're making my point for me. ;)

16. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Wow, what an awesome finale. I've always loved Karen and kinda hated Ivy. But now I love them both. And I feel so sorry for Ivy. Sucks to be her right now.

I hate the Julia/Michael storyline and really hope they drop it. I'm guessing we won't be so lucky.

I love to hate Ellis and hope he does come back. There's got to be some kind of trouble maker and I'd prefer him over the baby storyline.

17. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    :up:

Is that a Home Alone shoutout?

18. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I dunno about the story itself but I wanna see Bombshell. Guess that worked.

As for Karen getting the part, the whole season was basically Karen's story. She was the most real, most fleshed out, most consistent character.

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Nope.

Paul Reiser / Mad About You

20. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Paul Reiser the Plagiarizer!

I know it's not the same but it's the same idea (and Home Alone came out in 1990, two years before Mad About You).