1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victory: Folder Delete Works in Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by markp99, Sep 13, 2013.

1. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    One of my nagging nits, since like forever, is when you play all programs within a folder (example: CNet Podcasts). Upon playback completion, you cannot simply delete the folder - unless you first disable the preview window -odd.

I just noticed this issue does not exist in the Roamio! Yay!! :)

Thanks TiVo

2. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    Yes, this was always a pain for me, too. I always went to Live TV and then deleted the folder. So glad they fixed this.

3. elwaylite

elwaylite Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Theodore, Al.
    Do not want to derail this thread, but the folders has me curious. On my Dish Hopper I ahve created folders for my wife, myself and one shared. When I set a timer I can pick which folder it goes into once it records. Does the Roamio have anything like this?

4. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Sadly, no. This has been a requested feature since TiVo introduced folders years ago. Not gonna happen any time soon, I don't - I think there are some UI complexity concerns, as well as logical organization issues (one program in many folders, etc.).

5. swerver

swerver Member

May 18, 2012
    With 3 TB drives, they need it more than ever. I'm sure there are other important things like android support and out of home streaming but this folder/profiles problem has got to be top 5. (I would hope)

6. leiff

leiff Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Yet another reason for me sell my xl4 and get roamio. This bug in the premier software bothers me a great deal.

7. elwaylite

elwaylite Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Theodore, Al.
    Thanks.

8. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    The programs in many folders issue exists today though. For example, a program can easily be present in the HD Recordings folder, a wishlist folder, and a program/show group folder at the same time. I know Tivo wants to keep things simple but program tags and folders can be simple if done right.