1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sloooow Web site

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Bierboy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I'm having a real problem accessing any TCF page with any speed at all. This is NOT happening with any other Web site I access. When I try to go to a TCF page, the browser says its waiting on idgtechnetwork.com and it waits and waits and waits to connect....sometimes taking a minute or more to get to the TCF page. I'm using the latest release of Firefox. It doesn't seem to be as bad with Safari. I'm on a Mac using OS 10.7.5. Any thoughts? This just started this morning...

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Working fine for me at this moment. Firefox 18 &Win8. I have had times when pages take forever to load at the same time that other sites are working fine. I am running allot of blockers on this computer so perhaps I am blocking what ever is the problem.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Time for a virus scan and malware removal tool!

5. reubanks

reubanks Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I'm glad it's not just me.

No virus or malware.

Win3.11 P2 12MHz 512k RAM 30Mb RLL HDD :eek::D

Randy

6. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    It was super-slow for me this morning. Works fine now.

7. brewman

brewman Member

Jun 28, 2003
    I wonder if they use Word-Press to manage their site. There's been a recent update to Word-Press that has caused this kind of slow-downs for some sites.

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Update: Using adblock, I was able to block the URL I listed in my original post and it's now back to normal...

9. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are you talking WordPress.com or WordPress.org?

Apparently they forked some time back.

I don't know if I've ever encountered a site using the .org version, but I have encountered the .com version on several sites and what TCF uses must be something different because WordPress.com's blog/comment-handling software is absolutely atrocious.

It would make TCF unusable for me.

10. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    How are you running a Pentium II on a 12MHz board?

The slowest one made was 233 MHz.

11. brewman

brewman Member

Jun 28, 2003
    I really know very little about WordPress, and have no idea whether org or com. I was just offering up that I knew of another site that was definitely WordPress-based (not sure of version) that was experiencing very slow response times following an upgrade.