1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slicer Instructions Incomplete, DVRupgrade forum down

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by bhcv, Oct 12, 2013.

1. bhcv

bhcv New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Instructions for the "Slicer" on the DVRupgrade website are incomplete and their forum says it's down for posting. I have searched and found others with the same problem but no answers.At the end of the slicer upgrade telnet states: "Don't forget to run the /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh script after you reboot to re-establish your symlinks in var." Where in the instructions is anything said about this? The instructions say "Reboot" your'e done!
    After reboot I enter at bash:
    cd /enhancements
    ./var-symlinks
    everything seems to work but the hacks are all gone. I have an updated virgin OS and have to pull the drive and run sapper again. Would it be possible to finish the instructions? How do I run /var-symlinks without wiping everything out?

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Perhaps your question could be answered/already has been answered over at the site which cannot be named here.

If you can't deal with using a search engine to plow through the huge database which is the internet, and the prospect of doing so just makes you dotty, it shouldn't be too complex for you to click on my user name and email me your email address so that I can email you the URL of that site.

3. BiloxiGeek

BiloxiGeek Reality Challenged

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
    I get so frustratred with all the sublimal messaging that's going on all over the InterWebs! :)

4. Sbmocp

Sbmocp Member

Apr 19, 2001
    bhcv--

PM me and I can send a PDF of the instructions that I made a few years ago.