1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple solution for kids to copy DVDs to Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by DonWidmore, May 14, 2014.

1. DonWidmore

DonWidmore New Member

Dec 27, 2006
    I have DVD Shrink, TV Redo, Tivo Desktop Plus, etc. My kids (oldest is 11) are looking for the simplest solution to take a DVD, extract it and then upload it back to Tivo.

I have had difficulty installing pyTivo just by itself and it's not running correctly on my Windows 8 machine. Is there a solution to do this using the tools I have or are there more modern tools that are plug-and-play enough that my 11 year old can plop a dvd in his PC and set it up so he can keep it stored on the Tivo?
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Do you mean VideoReDo?

I use DVD Decrypter and rip in file mode, which separates the movies from the extra stuff that they put in the DVD. VideoReDo to run QuickStream Fix. Then with PyTivo installed, used KMTTG and push it to my Tivo.
  3. pmiranda

pmiranda New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    For me, anydvd pytivo and the dvdvideo plugin. I can either rip a DVD to files or use a share I made for the DVD drive directly.
  4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Pretty simple, assuming you already have a way to strip the copy protection from the DVD (I use AnyDVD):
    • Rip DVD to .mpg using VideoReDo.
    • Put the .mpg in your My Tivo Recordings folder.
    • Go to the Tivo and pull the movie over.