1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple and Easy Converter?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by mikesay98, Jul 7, 2009.

1. mikesay98

mikesay98 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    So, I like to go the gym a lot and I've been thinking of putting all my shows onto my cell phone (Windows Mobile) to watch. However, I just want a simple converter to take my .tivo files and make them compatible for my cell phone. Commercial skipping would be a plus, but not necessary.

I can't seem to put them directly on the phone because not only are the files so large they sometimes don't transfer right, but also Windows Media Player shows the programs as like 20 minutes long even though I know it's an hour.

Years ago, I used to use Videora converter to put things on my iPod, but I guess I need something else now (and supporting 16:9 resolution would also be necessary as I have HD items as well). My main concern is simple and easy...I'm fine manually doing everything, including getting the files from my TiVo, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Desktop Plus works fine for me but I don't have any HD recordings, so its default of 320x240 pixels is perfect on my WM6 phone.

For a free solution (and one that's more configurable) I would check out kmttg (http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/).

3. mreaves53

mreaves53 Member

Feb 9, 2009
    First; use the TiVo dump program to strip the TiVo file format. Second use Format Factory to convert the file to whatever file type and resolution you want. I use this to convert TiVo files for my Blackberry and have good success.

4. mikesay98

mikesay98 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Thanks for the info...but I'm still having the problem with it thinking the file is like 20 minutes when in reality it's a full hour...any ideas why it's doing this and how to fix it?!