1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signed into nextflix with wrong email address-how to fix??

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mrdazzo7, May 22, 2014.

1. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Active Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Recently joined the Roamio family and when I tried to sign into netflix the first time I used my old email address but realized after that my current account is tied to my new email address... But I can't seem to figue out how to sign out under the old ID and back in under the current, active one.

Any suggestions? It sucks because I've been having to run my PS3 to use netflix but now that I have this I'd love to just run it right from the tivo box...

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    On the Account and System Info page there is an option that says "Netflix Account Information".

When I select it there is an option to "deactivate this device". I guess this might do what you need?

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You can also sign out within the app itself. Just go up and select the gear icon and choose "Sign out".

4. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    I think Zoom helps you get to the menus within Netflix.

5. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Active Member

Jan 8, 2006
    literally not one of these suggestions worked, haha... Because I had used my old email address, Netflix DID sign in but it was prompting me to pick which service I want to sign up for since I had already used a free trial with that email address - there was no way around this menu (no Zoom, no gear icon, etc. And nothing showed up under Acct and System Info.

So it turns out the actual process is:

lol!!! who the hell would have ever guessed that? Entering that in instantly brought me back to the early 90's playing Contra on sega genesis (or whatever it was) - that was always the cheat code to get infinite lives or something, haha

What a crazy process though - why not just have an icon on the start page? odd. Oh well it works now... thanks all