1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signal lost TiVo stopped recording altogethe

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by WillH, Sep 10, 2012.

1. WillH

WillH New Member

May 26, 2010
    North Atlanta
    I have a season pass setup for NFL Football and yesterday it only recorded the first 10 minutes of the Falcon's game because the Tivo temporarily lost the signal.

The recording should have been about 4-1/2 hours in duration and the signal was only lost for a portion of that time - why would it stop recording the rest of the program?

Can anyone explain why this would happen?

I really missed not having the game to watch when I got home yesterday.

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    I thought it was just me that this happened to as the TiVo I was recording it on went totally wonky a bit later..
  3. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Same here. I got 17 minutes. My brother got 19.
  4. WillH

WillH New Member

May 26, 2010
    North Atlanta
    I think I got about 10-12 minutes - I caught the first score and then it stopped. There were a few dropouts and hiccups in the preceeding 5 or 6 minutes before it finally stopped recording and then I got the problem message.

I have had my XL for over 2 years now and I don't remember this happening before. It used to happen all the time with my Comcast DVR.:mad:

I guess it was a local issue since you guys had the same thing happen but it is weird that it wouldn't continue to record. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident.