1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showtime On-Demand (Directv)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Marco, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    Wife and I want to catch up on Homeland, which we missed so far.

If we add Showtime (on Directv), would we have access to seasons 1 and 2 of Homeland on demand? Seems like that would the cheapest way to see the show, binge-watch over the course of a month.

From Showtime's web site it looks like this would work. Can anybody confirm?

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Go to Showtime's OD page. That should tell you definitively one way or the other. You should be able to see it, but you won't be able to watch anything.

3. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I know all seasons of Dexter are on DTV on demand. I would imagine Homeland is the same.

4. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    As Steveknj you can view listings from your DTV receiver just from the On Demand, by channel page.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Just go to channel 1545 and you can see what is there. You just can't watch it without a subscription.

The show time page is useless as different carriers may have different programming.

FWIW, the mobile app shows 24 shows. 12 from each season. (I'm not at home.) usually if it is on the directv anywhere app, it is on demand as well.

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I can confirm from TonyD79's information that the entire series to date is available on DirecTV on Demand for those subscribing to Showtime.

There may be a chance that they replay the series from the beginning before the new season starts, but as of today, there are no broadcast episodes in the program guide, only the On Demand offerings.

7. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
  8. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    HBO definitely has a bunch of their old shows. I don't know if Showtime does.

9. tony touch

tony touch Nice and Smooth

Jul 16, 2004
    Atlanta
    I have Showtime OD and can confirm all eps of Homeland (and other SHO series) are on there.

The real question should be whether you would still have access to these recordings after cancelling. I know you don't lose access if you record a normally scheduled program, but not sure about On demand recordings. Of course, this is not an issue if you finish all the episodes in that month.

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, you would still have access to them until their expiration date.