1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shows you are no longer enthusiatic about but still watch

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I recorded the season premiere of Falling Skies last night and I realized, that I just don't really care about it. But I'll still watch, to see if it's worth watching still. The first two seasons I really looked forward to watching that series.

Are there shows that used to be one of your favorites but now, you are just kind of watch because you always have?

BTW, we might have had this thread before. Sorry about that if it is.

2. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
  3. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Revolution.

My wife watches it, I do as well, but also play on the iPad while I watch.

This is true for many of the show in my NPL.

Person of Interest, Defiance, and The Americans are the only shows that I actually "watch".

4. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I guess the one I always remember turning up here was ER. Lots of folks kinda stuck with it, even though most thought the last few seasons were not that great.

5. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Revolution definltely belongs on this list for me. I really looked forward to each week before the hiatus. But over that time, I just kind of lost interest. I still watched the second half of the season, but not sure if I'm coming back next year.

6. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    Grey's Anatomy as well. Although I bailed a few years back, I have a friend that is still hanging in there.

I would have to say for me it is Survivor and Idol. I watch but continually ask myself....why?

7. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    House was like that for me. I hung in much longer than it was worth. No Idea why.

8. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Castle.

I was short on hard disk space, and dumped the season finale to make room for something else. I haven't killed the SP yet, but if I heard that ABC had cancelled it, I'd be more happy that the actors could move on to something else than sad that the show was gone.

9. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Revolution is borderline. I still like it, and plan to watch it next season, but I'm not as enthused as I was, and I can't see it remaining good past next season.

10. Davisadm

Davisadm TiVo is awesome!!!!!

Jan 18, 2008
    SoCal
    Too bad you dumped the season finale!

ABC announced that it had renewed Castle for a 6th season on May10, 2013. Ratings have been steadily going up since the show started. It is now in the top 20.

A great and refreshing show!

11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    True Blood, next week, is what comes to mind immediately.

I never really cared about Falling Skies. If anything, I began liking it more as it went on.

12. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
  13. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Supernatural. Funny when I do watch it I enjoy it, but I do have like 11 episodes piled up.

14. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's another one....although I did like the season opener.

15. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I think with shows like that, there's always hope you'll get a memorable season, because the different "players' can make or break a season. I actually quit a season of Big Brother because of one player, Rachel, who just ruined the previous season she was on for me. When I heard she was on before, I didn't bother watching. But I came back last season and I thought it was one of the more memorable seasons, and looked forward to watching each night it was on. Survivor is that way for me too. If I like that season's cast, I'll look forward to watching each week. If the cast is boring...then yeah, I watch, but only out of habit.

16. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I differentiate between "Shows you are no longer enthusiatic about but still watch", and shows I am not actively watching, but still record, in case my interest revives. Yeah, I'm kinda anal/OCD in my TV watching.

Simpson's fits the first category. I still watch it, but with a lack of enthusiasm. But I keep up, and eps don't stack up on the TiVo. I don't have many series that fall into this group, because...

If I'm not that enthralled with them, I usually just delete the SP. Revolution, Once Upon a Time, Body of Proof fall into this category.

I do have a few I am still recording, and haven't decided if I want to start watching again, or delete the SP and the recorded episodes. Falling Skies is one of these.

I have entire mental filing cabinets of categorized TV shows, and yet can't remember the names of half the people I meet. Priorities, ya' know.:rolleyes:

17. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Dexter, True Blood and Revolution.

18. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I find it a lot easier to delete a series that I used to like that's non serialized than one with stand alone episodes. So shows like ER and Desperate Housewives I watched until the end, even though I was way past my excitement for the show. Shows like sitcoms, I could just remove if I get bored of them.

Although I did just remove 40 something episodes of Breaking Bad, I knew I would never watch.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    +1.

Psych

Wipeout

20. tonestert

tonestert Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Charlottesvi...
    Bones, CSI, NCIS. I have a bunch of un-watched episodes on my Tivo.