1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shows not transferring between TiVo's

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Philosofy, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I have two HD TiVo's, both hard wired into my network. My router is an Apple Time Capsule. The TiVo's can see each other, and I can browse the programs, but when I try to transfer a show from one to another, it just tells me it will transfer when other shows are finished, but there are no other transfers to finish. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Check the todo list and see if there are any zombie transfers pending and cancel them if there are. Reboot both TiVos.

3. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    Thanks. There were no pending transfers, but I rebooted both, and still get the same thing: it will transfer after pending transfers are completed.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Unplug ethernet connections and then reboot and let them sit there for a while without ethernet connection. Should clear out any ghost queue items.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    :up: That should work.

While investigating a different problem on one of my Premieres, I created a "ghost" transfer. I ended up removing power from the Ethernet switch to which it was connected and doing a soft boot. As soon as the TiVo got back up, I reconnected power to the switch and everything is copacetic again.