1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shows in Wishlist recorded and immediately deleted?! Help!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Kinjin, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Kinjin

Kinjin New Member

May 28, 2012
    Sigh, this one's got me vexed.

Tivo Premiere DVR, totally empty of any programs (no suggested, no recordings, no nothing). Wishlist items programmed, set to record, no conflicts, delete when space needed, save up to 5 episodes. The show comes on, the Tivo records it, then immediately deletes it (even gone from recently deleted) and reason listed in History is "space needed". There's nothing recorded, please help!

2. dupreeblue

dupreeblue cable-challenged.

Mar 10, 2007
    We're having the same problem over here. Infuriating, to say the least. Our tivo box is about 5 weeks old, never more than 39% full, and deletes just about everything; regardless of whether or not it's set to 'keep until I delete' or not.

Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing? One that controls when it starts deleting things, based on the space occupied on the tiro?

Thanks!

3. tyrocker

tyrocker New Member

May 14, 2002
    Centerville,...
    This is a Tivo bug, only fixable by Tivo. This was supposed to be fixed in 20.3.1, but started for me after the software update. Anyone else still having this issue?

4. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
  5. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Nope Just had a few wishlist things record.. no issues here

6. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I had issues with not being able to see my wishlists, however everything was recording correctly without deleting my content. TiVo was able to correct the problem from their end using my TSN. I was informed that this is a known bug and will be fixed in a subsequent software update. Perhaps they can do the same for you. I would suggest emailing margret@tivo.com with a detailed explanation of your issue. She has been VERY helpful to me when support wasn't able to correct my issues...

Good luck :)

7. PaulSon7

PaulSon7 New Member

Jul 13, 2009
    IS this still a known issue? been on the phone with support for an hour and they don't have a clue how to fix this? just started about three days ago recording a show then immediately deleting it. The status bar shows the Tivo is only 63% full. It also will not clear a show from the deleted folder, it's been in there for three days and cannot be manually removed. nothing has changed in how I use Tivo, didn't suddenly add a whole bunch of new shows to record and have been a user for a decade so this is pretty annoying.

8. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    While a show is recording, have you actually tried to view that tuner during the recording? In the event of a tuning error or no signal on the tuner, the Tivo will make it appear as if it's recording, but once the recording time slot ends, the Tivo will delete the phantom recording because there is nothing actually in it.