1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shows disappear from Premiere Elite

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dave13077, May 19, 2012.

1. dave13077

dave13077 Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I have had an issue happen twice in the past week. I have had 2 different shows on different days and different channels that were being recorded (I saw they were currently recording while in the My Shows folder. Then the next day when we went to watch them they were not there. They were not showing in My Shows and I also checked the recently deleted folder. It is like they didn't record at all. Has this happened to anyone else?

This happened on a Premiere Elite (XL4) that has the Spring Update.

2. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    FIOS?
    Cable provider?
    With or without a Tuning Adapter?

3. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Definitely check the Recording History in the To Do List to find the reason these were removed from the My Shows list.

It's possible that when the TiVo tried to record these programs that it didn't have a signal.

4. dave13077

dave13077 Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Time Warner Cable with the Tuning Adapter.

5. dave13077

dave13077 Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know why I didn't think of that but I did check.

For one show it said that it didn't record because other higher priorty shows were set to record. The only problem is that it listed 3 shows and since the Elite is 4 tuners I would have thought it would have recorded, this is why I got the Elite to record 4 shows at once.

The other show didn't record because there was not a signal....... My first time a show didn't record because of the fabulous Tuning Adapter ( my guess)!! I though the Premiere software had some way to retune a channel before it records. I don't know why they don't program the software to go up 2 channels and then back down 2 channels before a recording. That is what will re-tune a blank SDV channel almost 100% of the time., works for me anyway YMMV.