1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showcase?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by boulderskies, May 14, 2014.

1. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Okay, I give up - what is a Showcase and why all of a sudden and I seeing them with a star, with coupons? Also, one is simply a Season Pass just like five others I have but they don't show as a Season Pass.

Kinda irritating. :thumbsdown:

Any help is appreciated....Thank you...Scott

2. 9300170

9300170 Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    Showcases are special promotions that are offered exclusively to TiVo subscribers. They've been around since Series 1 although there have been many fewer of them in the last few years.

3. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    First I've seen them in the three months I've owned my Roamio. Is there any way to turn Showcase off, particularly the promotional offerings???

4. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    LOL, noobs. Um, no - you get to ignore all the ads Tivo sends your way just like the rest of us but you can't turn them off.

5. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    What about the one Showcase that is actually a Season Pass for "24 Live Another Day?" I have about five Season Passes for other shows and they don't show with the stupid yellow star....any ideas why this one does?

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It is a showcase for the new 24. It is an ad. It has nothing to do with your current season passes.

7. boulderskies

boulderskies Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Ah, ok well that makes more sense, although irritating. Thank you....