1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping Charges on Tivo.com ridiculous!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by y2jdmbfan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan New Member

May 7, 2004
    They want $60 for 2-Day and over $135 for Next Day to IL Chicago suburb...Give me a break and you have to pay tax. Free shipping is 5-7 days delivery time...

Y2J

2. bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Why not order using Amazon Prime?

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Just gett free shipping and it costs zero. Shipping from TiVo has alwys been high to receive it within a day or two. Although the free shipping only takes a few days depending on where you live. I live in teh DC area and I think it took only three days the last time I had a box shipped from TiVo with free shipping.

4. Lars_J

Lars_J Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Don't you have a Best Buy near you? They should be getting them soon, I would think. No shipping. No delivery wait.

5. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan New Member

May 7, 2004
    I missed out on the Pro units from Amazon...I have Prime, so I would have definitely just snapped one up from them. Might just wait for Best Buy now...

6. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    Any boxes I ever ordered from TiVo have shipped out of Texas, and made it to the Northeast in 3 to 4 business days. That's pretty awesome IMO. Especially for free shipping.

7. oosik77

oosik77 TiVo Maniac

Nov 22, 1999
    Phoenix,...
    The only option I had when I ordered mine this morning was $5 for 2 day.

8. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Double-check that order in your account. Did it stick? Because with the first order I placed, I saw the $5 offer, but then it magically changed to $96 after checkout, which I had to promptly cancel. The second order attempt had the correct prices.

9. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    They said the shipping cost that shows on your order is incorrect. I called earlier to cancel my order when I saw Amazon had them and that is what they told me. I still saved over $60 on Amazon by not having to pay tax though.

10. oosik77

oosik77 TiVo Maniac

Nov 22, 1999
    Phoenix,...
    Ya now that I go back and look it's 59.71. On the phone now getting it fixed.

11. trip1eX

trip1eX Active Member

Apr 2, 2005
    They ain't Amazon. They don't have warehouses full of slaves working 24/7. :D

And all they ship are Tivos. I would expect shipping to be higher.

But then again they don't have the middleman either.

12. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Twin...
    I'm glad I saw this note. I thought I had selected $5 shipping, but I got hit with the $60+ shipping. I phoned in, and had to cancel the original order and re-create the order on the phone.

John

13. mcf57

mcf57 Member

Oct 19, 2012
    GA
    Just go with Amazon's free 5-7 days shipping. Is 5 days REALLY that bad to wait? I mean, an additional 3 days to get it is not a big deal if you ask me. Besides, we've been waiting this long for these new TiVo Roamios so what is a few more days anyway?

As much as I love my TiVos, TV shouldn't be THAT important. And as the saying goes anyway... "all good things come to those who wait" ;)

14. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan New Member

May 7, 2004
    My Roamio Pro from Amazon.com just shipped! I have Prime, so it was 3.99 for overnight shipping, no tax. I ordered it shortly after I posted the original post in this thread and figured I could wait a week or two for it...

15. nandopr

nandopr Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Hello. Just out curiosity, can you please tell when did you place your order? I ordered mine 8/20. Still waiting. Thanks.

16. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I ordered my Roamio 8/20 about mid day with 2nd day Prime shipping. Got it yesterday since it shipped from a Texas warehouse.

They still show stock on the base units. Pros have been sold out since early Tues.

17. nandopr

nandopr Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Thank you for the information. I hope I will get it tomorrow. After that I know I will have a hard time trying to find someone that will know how to un-pair the cable card from the old premiere to the new Romeo.

My cable company in Orlando is Brighthouse Networks. They are always polite but hardly know about cable cards. Last time they deactivated my two tivos cable cards and it was a pain to activated back.

18. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I don't know why you have to unpair a CC. I had to replace a CC on my Premiere XL, and I did not have to have Comcast pair the new card.

19. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan New Member

May 7, 2004
    Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

20. nandopr

nandopr Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Hello

Did you have only basic channels only and no tuner adapter? Just curious.

Don't know the reason why but one year ago when I exchanged a damaged tivo for a working one the basic channels did work without calling the cable company. The premium channels (HBO) did not.

I understand they need to pair the unique host id number with the cable card. Maybe I am wrong.

But will try to see without calling them to see if I get lucky.

Regards.