1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sherlock season 4

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Big Deficit, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
  2. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Can't wait :)

3. tigercat74

tigercat74 Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Aug 7, 2004
    Waverly, OH
  4. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Want! NOW!!!

5. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Check your To Do Lists. Previous OnePasses probably aren't picking up "Sherlock on Masterpiece."

6. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    Thank you so much, cherry ghost! My season pass was going to miss it.

7. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Been meaning to add it, since I lost my season pass when I upgraded my DIRECTV receiver, so that's done now!

8. Jan 2, 2017 #9 of 52
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Something completely bizarre happened to my Sherlock recording tonight: it just stopped at about 1hr, even though the scheduled length was 1:37 or so... the rest of the recording was missing. It was almost like the channel itself dropped, or my cable connection dropped, or the TiVo rebooted (except usually it will restart the recording when it starts up again). I was watching Netflix on Roku so I don't know what happened, except I didn't lose internet connection.

Also looking through my guide data for another recording of this episode I see a number of instances of this show that the guide data says are only 2 minutes long! The next seemingly full version of this is 2 hours (???) on Tuesday morning at 3am. Very strange.

9. ThePennyDropped

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    1:37 was the accurate recording length, and you definitely will want to see the full episode, so don't watch that fragment. My TiVo shows many rebroadcasts coming up, so you should be able to catch them on either Boston or NH PBS channels. I think pbs has a website and an app that would also let you see it.

10. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I know I didn't watch that special one off episode from last year, or whenever, yet. I think I'll do that today. I just skipped around through season 3 episode 3 and nothing about that rings a bell. I guess it has been 3 years, but I'm pretty sure I watched all of season 3. I'm also pretty sure I didn't like it all that much.

Didn't know season 4 had already started. Downloading the first episode now off usenet. Set a recording for next week's new episode. :)

11. ThePennyDropped

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    If you don't want to rewatch season 3, you probably don't need to do so because there is a "Previously..." segment at the beginning of the episode.

12. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Mine cut out at 1:30 so I'll have to check out the repeat on Sunday for the last 7 minutes.

I thought this was kind of meh. The show has turned into a soap opera instead of being about Sherlock and solving crimes.

13. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Active Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I had an experience which is becoming all too common for me. I watched it and quite enjoyed it, a good return to form, then I read online reviews and comments where they point out all the nitpicks and issues and I end up thinking I enjoyed it less. Same happened with Night Of which I am currently watching !!

14. caslu

caslu Member

Jun 24, 2003
    This is precisely the reason I've started avoiding a lot of reviews, especially the nitpickers. I enjoyed the episode quite a bit, a welcome return.

15. ThePennyDropped

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    I also enjoyed it, although I was
    saddened by Mary's death. It was really nice to have a kickass woman on the show and I really liked her relationship with Sherlock.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Does anybody know who played Stella (the woman in the hallway who was looking for the pearl)? I know her from somewhere, but I can't place her, and she wasn't listed in the credits...it's driving me crazy! (Crazier...)

17. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

IMDB shows Eleanor Matsuura

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Ah, from The Fades and Utopia. Thanks! (She wasn't in the IMDb listing Sunday night...)

19. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I missed it, but found I could record it again on the 8th. Sherlock on masterpiece is how I found it.