1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - The sale is back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! The PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)." https://www.tivo.com/secondchancelifetimesale#/secondchancelifetimesale

Sharper picture on Premier

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sieglinde, Feb 4, 2013.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    This is certainly not a complaint. Is the picture quality better on a Premier than a TiVo HD? Mine seems to be better but I don't see why that would be so.

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Things I would ask:
    1. Is the output resolution set the same on both TiVos?
    2. Are you using the same input on your TV? If not are the settings for both inputs set the same on your TV?
    I use an Original Series 3, TiVo HD, & a Premiere with OTA all running through an AV receiver and can not see much if any difference while switching between them.

3. MrDell

MrDell Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island
    After using a Verizon DVR for many years, and putting up with constant rental increases, I decided to go with Tivo last year. After the install was complete both my wife and I noticed a sharper picture on our TV with our Tivo Premier over the Motorola DVR rental from Verizon.

4. Loach

Loach Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    +1. Not that the picture with my 7 year old Motorola DVR looked bad, but the Premiere looks a little bit better. It also seems to tune channels faster than the Moto did.

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I may be receiving more 1080i programming. The setup is identical. Tivo HD is connected with an HD cable. So is the Premier. All are on the same TV until I finish watching the programs I recorded on the HD.