1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shark tank 2/8/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Feb 11, 2013.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    the 10 second rule thing is just getting to be a gimmick when he comes back in later :rolleyes:

the hoodie pillow seemed like a joke sorta. it seems like it would restrict you just in another way vs a traditional sweater. the airplane thing i could see being useful but will they let you on a plane wearing that or consider you a terrorist?

i still dont get the ice thing..is it just preventing the water from dripping off the can and keeping it insulated by being airtight underneath it? id love to do a test of 'hours later' claims he made about top vs bottom etc

chewing is gross as hell but i guess if you are gonna do it, may as well do it with non tobacco products:rolleyes:

i dont have as much dry cleaning as thesee people so the garment bag seems like something a bit silly to me

2. jschuman

jschuman Active Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Fairfax, VA USA
    The City Kitty woman annoys me....I want her to fail.

Also, wouldn't it be refreshing to see a Shark Tank Update where the idea/company/person completely flopped?! I know it will never, ever happen, but I think it would be funny if they cut to one of those and it went something like:

"We were the creators of 'blah blah blah' and we lost everything. Barbara and Mark were absolutely no help and our orders just dried up the minute people realized our idea was stupid. We barely avoided personal bankruptcy and have returned to our accounting and PR management jobs. Thanks for nothing Shark Tank!"
    :)

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Dry cleaning is extremely toxic and harmful to humans and the environment. It is laughable for any product that is an accessory to dry cleaning to call itself "green".

4. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    confused, you're advocating using something that would end up in a landfill over something that would lessen that?

5. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i know it's part of the game but when they fight over amounts under 100K it's a bit laughable. to these people thats like pennies to you and me :)

6. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, the hoodie pillow was a complete joke. Seriously, huge fail. But the hoodie neck pillow -- a home-run. I'd buy one just to keep people from talking to me on a plane, as well as shut out some of the noise and chill in the cabin. They should have led with that, and thrown in the hoodie pillow as a joke product.

I agree about the small amounts -- those guys can spend more than $37,500 on frivolous stuff every day. Kevin probably spends at least that on good wine. It's like pocket change to them. Sure, have $40k, if I make it back, great. I'm making more than $40k just sitting here on this show for an hour.

7. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I completely agree with the Hoodie Pillow. The one of the big pillow was just so stupid. Doesn't seem that that'd help with anything. But the neck-pillow for planes seemed interesting and I could see people buying that.

8. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    No, dry cleaning should not be used at all. If your product depends on the continuation of a toxic process it is not "green". The plastic bags are the least of the problems.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    A lot of people just have their clothes cleaned and pressed there. Most places won't dry clean the clothes unless you explicitly ask or the label on the clothes calls for it.

A lot of cleaners already offer reusable bags that can hang, though. Often for free.

10. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Normally what happens is that the Sharks use their due diligence provision and back out if they don't think its a sure thing regardless of how enthusiastic they are on the show. See the story of Megan Cummins You Smell Soap update

11. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I think it was stupid too.. but I think the shamwow and the blanket with sleeves thing are dumb too… But apparently there are enough suckers to buy this kind of stuff.

So you mean "dry cleaners" also wash/clean clothes the same way regular people do?

12. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Are you seriously asking this? Of course they do. If I take in a pile of dress shirts to get cleaned, they are just laundered and pressed, no actual dry cleaning involved. Actual dry cleaning is only for items that say so and can't be laundered (like wool suits)

13. inaka

inaka Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Oakland, CA
    The pillow idea was laughably stupid. Why didn't any of the sharks just ask, "Why not wear a beanie when you go to bed?" Then you're not restricted in movement in anyway.

The way the cat pee lady was talking up the hoodie pillow idea, all credibility with her was lost after they unveiled that dud of a product. The neck-pillow idea made much more sense, and could work, but the hoodie pillow has to have an initial spike in novelty sales on part with "fart cologne" or something. I can't believe Robert bought into that, but then again, it's nothing more than a Lexus for him.

14. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    kev did say you make crap but a lot of people buy it so he was interested

15. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yes, I was seriously asking that. I don't think I have ANYTHING that can't just go in the washing machine. I seriously thought you only brought things to the dry cleaners that needed dry cleaning because, umm, that's their name.

16. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I bring all my dress shirts to the cleaners. Usually about 30 at a time.

17. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    You have to admit, your time is worth more so having someone else do your laundry is cost effective.
    Must be nice! :p

18. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i always wondered about statements like that but will question in HH vs clutter this thread :)

19. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    How much does that cost per shirt? And how many shirts do you wear per week?

20. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I'm famous at my dry cleaner for waiting till I'm almost out of shirts before I bring them in. I wear 5-6 shirts a week, so I'll only go once a month or so, and with other dry cleaning will spend about 75-125 a month.