1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shameless S03E12 "Survival of the Fittest" S3 FINALE **spoilers***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Jun 9, 2013 #1 of 16
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I just got to the end of Season 3 on Showtime VoD. I really have enjoyed Shameless.

The biggest note is that "Karen" deserves an acting Emmy for taking her from unapologetic evil to a brain damaged emotional cripple.

I swore that kid checking the recruits on the bus looked like a clone of John Cusack. I'll bet he was Joan's son. There was no other Cusack in the credits.

In usual show runner season MO, they killed off a character in a shocker in the next to last episode, although I think they're keeping the option open to have "Jimmy" show up on the porch again about episode 3 or 4 of season 4. He'll show up just as Fiona is hanging with the boss.

My predictions: Lip does go to MIT.
    Ian is of course, in the Army. Watch Mickey show up at camp.

Frank does, semi - usually - sober up. We've seen Frank lower the narcissism a touch for the first time.

Kev and V bring home the baby. Complications with Mom ensue. Maybe she doesn't want to give up the kid.

Can't wait for season 4!

2. Jun 9, 2013 #2 of 16
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The 2 year old "Liam" which I see is played by twins, has started talking. You can see that the actors are tickled when he says something, like he looked out the hi rise window and said, "Boat!" He also has said, "Yeah." The kid is ad-libbing!

3. Jun 9, 2013 #3 of 16
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    More taking to myself.

Ian enlisted in the army as Lip, "Phillip Gallagher." With Lip at MIT there will come a time when it is discovered that Lip is in both places. I think that will end up with Ian sent packing.

4. Jun 9, 2013 #4 of 16
    scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    genius

5. Jun 9, 2013 #5 of 16
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I don't understand the Karen sympathy. I still think she is faking it. Even if she isn't, she is going to recover and get revenge on Mandy.

6. Jun 9, 2013 #6 of 16
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Not sympathy. Karen deserved to die.

I just have respect for Laura Wiggins acting chops. She played the (slutty) high school girl, the "purity(?) Daddy's girl, then the really slutty Goth revenge, then the mom who didn't want the kid, then even meaner when she came back, then the post-accident "no feelings inside."

I see "Mickey" is a natural blonde so he can avoid some type-casting.

The whole ensemble does an outstanding acting job, consider Joan Cusack, the kids - only "Carl" seems to walk through it, Emmy Rossum, who kills it, is a singer.

7. Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    Just caught up last night. I hope that Ian doesn't hose up Lip's chance at MIT, but I can see that happening.

8. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Emmy Rossum, according to me and the one CD of hers I own, is a horrendous singer. Smoking hot and a good actress, though.

9. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    really?? :confused:

Super ballsy move for them to cast her as the female lead in one of the most successful musicals ever. ;)

10. dtle

dtle Active Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Philly, PA
    It kinda has to happened unless Lip is written off the show. Hopefully, we see him go to the Chicago University that we saw in S02.

As for Liam, for those who don't know, became a major character in the original UK version. That ran for 11 series, ended just this summer.

11. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Really? I thought she was damn good in The Phantom.

12. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Successful Musical. The movie was a total bomb.

13. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    I got a CD of hers before I knew who she was. She is nude on the cover, and this attracted me. It's been a few years since I bothered listening, but I do remember hating it.

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe the music wasn't revealing enough? ;)

15. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    Sure, but not because of her.

16. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I love Emmy Rossum and think she deserves an Emmy. It's tough to compete with Claire Danes though.