1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow Line coming to BBC America?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by whitson77, Jun 21, 2011.

1. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Anybody know if this is coming to BBC America or if you can stream it online for free anywhere? The reviews I've read on it say it is very good.

2. Hcour

Hcour Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Don't know if you're into bittorrent but it's available there on public sites as well as private ones like The Box.

I'd never heard of it, looked it up on IMDb and it's getting raves. I'll definitely be downloading it. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
    It's been called Britain's 'The Wire'.

I can't answer your question but I can say that it's a great series. I downloaded the episodes as they aired in the U.K. It has a complex conspiracy storyline (along with being a cops and bad guys story) and many plot twists and turns. The acting was just fantastic. It was difficult to tell who the bad guys and good guys were at times. I hope it makes it's way to the States.

The episodes are on torrents and usenet. There are HD captures of all the episodes.

I highly recommend it.

I posted a thread in the U.K. Chat forum about the show awhile ago.

The Shadow Line is a major new drama serial created by Hugo Blick for BBC Two. A sophisticated conspiracy thriller in seven parts that brings to life a cinematic world of blurred morality and the conflicted characters who inhabit it, it features a star-studded cast, including: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Christopher Eccleston, Sir Antony Sher and Stephen Rea.

4. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the heads up on the show - downloading it now, but the brief clip I watched on youtube convinced me that it is very likely that my wife and I will like this show.

5. Hcour

Hcour Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Watched the first two eps tonight. A great series indeed.

6. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio
    You could also use a free software/service like 'ExpatShield' to get an U.K. IP address so you can stream the episodes from the BBC website.

http://expatshield.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0111dqc

7. walkerism

walkerism The Clean Up Man

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    I can't believe how wonderful this show is. If you have DirecTV, its currently available on the Audience Network. Great character development, intriguing storyline and best of all it's only 8 episodes leaving you wanting more.

8. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I've been watching it on DirecTV and I agree it's fantastic. Calling it the Brit Wire is not a bad analogy.