1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bdspilot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. bdspilot

bdspilot New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    What is the best way to do the set up. Cable card first or guided setup then cable card pairing?

2. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Guided setup and then cable card pairing

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I did my cable card pairing first. Well when I got to the screen where I could test the channels. I just called up the automated FiOS line and in 3 or 4 minutes the pairing was done. In another few minutes I was able to see the HBO and Cinemax channels and continue with the guided setup.(Without pairing on FiOS I was able to see the other Premium channels but only HBO and Cinemax require pairing to view them)

4. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    As you can see, it doesn't matter.

5. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    In the past TiVo recommended doing guided setup first. This was mostly when installing a CableCard required a tech visit so the TiVo was ready to go and minimized confusion.

6. jadziedzic

jadziedzic Member

Apr 20, 2009
    In some (soon to be all) Comcast regions all channels are encrypted, so the channel test screen will be useless without a CableCARD. Interestingly enough, I moved the (previously paired) CableCARD from my TiVo HD to my new Roamio and it decrypted the channels prior to being paired to the new unit. I was not able to tune the premium channels until after the CableCARD was paired to the new unit.