1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series3 to Premiere loses XML TivoConnect response?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by ssuchter, Feb 12, 2012.

  1. ssuchter

    ssuchter New Member

    3
    0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I've been running software for years that has downloaded the index using urls like this:

    https://tivoip/nowplaying/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0&ItemCount=127

    I used to get responses that were XML formatted, much like this:

    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>\n
    <TiVoContainer>
    <Detail>
    ...

    I think that when viewed via a web browser, a client side XSLT transform made them pretty/human readable in a nice table.

    But now with my new Premiere that HTML transform seems to be done server side, my new response appears to look like this:

    <!-- Generated HTML --><html><head><title>Now Playing</title><link rel="stylesheet...

    Is there a way to get the tivo to return XML? Perhaps some GET request option that I can't find documentation for?

    Thanks, Sean
     
  2. ssuchter

    ssuchter New Member

    3
    0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Ahem, sorry - my old tivo urls didn't have the /nowplaying/ in it, they were like this:

    https://tivoip/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying&R ecurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0&ItemCount=127

    But that seems to get a completely blank response on the Premiere.
     
  3. wmcbrine

    wmcbrine Ziphead

    10,364
    22
    Aug 2, 2003
    Yes, the XML is still available, as of 20.2.

    You have an extraneous space in what you posted, between "R" and "ecurse". I fixed that, and tried your URL, and I also got a blank page. So I tried leaving out various parameters, and it worked with no ItemCount. Then I tried various counts, and found that it worked with 50 or below, and blanked with 51 or higher.

    Edit: Interestingly, the default "shows per page" in pyTivo is 50, so we just missed seeing this there. Coincidence?
     
  4. moyekj

    moyekj Well-Known Member

    11,134
    27
    Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes, since 20.2 software TiVo significantly reduced the NPL items returned per query. With kmttg I don't give an ItemCount so never had issues, but I did notice it took additional queries to obtain full NPL compared to previous releases.
     
  5. ssuchter

    ssuchter New Member

    3
    0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Ah, thanks folks. Indeed, when I reduce the ItemCount from 127 to 50, it works with the /TivoConnect?... path. Odd that they seem to have another (new?) endpoint /nowplaying/TivoConnect that works with a higher ItemCount but only does HTML.
     
  6. wmcbrine

    wmcbrine Ziphead

    10,364
    22
    Aug 2, 2003
    That's the same HTML interface that's been there forever, it's just ignoring the "TiVoConnect" etc. part.

    moyekj, I grepped kmttg for ItemCount and saw some places where it said ItemCount=5, so I assumed that's what you were doing. Then I came back here and read where you said it doesn't use ItemCount. :confused:
     
  7. moyekj

    moyekj Well-Known Member

    11,134
    27
    Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    There's some debug code in there for testing AnchorOffset and additional queries to get more items since I normally don't have long NPL lists, but it's normally turned off unless I'm specifically testing it.
     

Share This Page