1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series3 In Stock at OneCall

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by lorazepam, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lorazepam

lorazepam New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    i had been trying to snag a series3 off of amazon for weeks now - OneCall has them in stock for $579.99, bringing the price to $379.99 with the $200 rebate.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=34540

just thought i'd let you guys know, as it doesn't look like amazon's going to have them in stock before the rebate deadline is over.

circuit city has the TiVoHD for $269 - was i stupid to get the series3? should i cancel the order and get the TiVoHD?

also - any news on the rumors that they're doing away with the series3 and building a new "premium" box on the TiVoHD platform?

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    If having 2 cablecards is going to increase your cable bill significantly, it might be worth it to go with the TiVo HD. If you can get M-cards from your cable company, then you can save some money each month with the TiVo HD since it supports M-cards and the S3 doesn't. If you plan on expanding your TiVo later with an expansion drive, having more recording space initially with the S3 is nice since any expansion will be on top of the default hard drive space. If you are a do it your self kinda person, then this will not matter as you could upgrade the internal drive on both.