1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series Premiere Pilots

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bphagan, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sep 8, 2013 #1 of 25
    Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    Is there a way to add season passes to tivo before they are available in the guide?
    As I see new shows that are coming up in the Fall, I want to add them but can't find a way until they show up in the guide.

Bdog

2. Sep 8, 2013 #2 of 25
    consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Best thing to do is make a wishlist and when it appears on your to do list just add it as a SP.

3. Sep 9, 2013 #3 of 25
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    They (TiVo) used to put out a Guru Guide for this. Now I think there might be a Collection instead.

4. Sep 9, 2013 #4 of 25
    Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks.
    I haven't used wishlist before so that will be a new experience.
    I don't see this on the ipad app. I assume now it's only available on the Tivo unit itself.

I went to the Wishlist menu and that feature should do the trick.

One show, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I setup up as "AGENTS OF *",
    but this also included the MARVELS HULK AGENTS OF S.M.A.S.H. on Disney.
    I tried to use the exclude but Title Keywords don't allow periods to exclude S.M.A.S.H.
    I was able to use the main actor name to filter further.

One show I am having trouble getting setup.
    Dracula on NBC.
    I used Dracula in the Title Keyword. No * wildcard.
    I set recording options to new only.
    I am getting a list on many shows that I don't want.
    I tried to add the lead actors name Meyers, but 2 different versions of his name appears in the list, 1 with hypen and 1 without. Not sure which would be correct.

Would be nice if TiVo had a list of Wishlists to select from for new shows.

bdog

5. Sep 9, 2013 #5 of 25
    Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    Windracer,
    What is a Collection?

6. Sep 9, 2013 #6 of 25
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  7. Sep 9, 2013 #7 of 25
    mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    Actually the iPad App has a great interface for this under the Browse tab. Just select Browse By/Collections. I think what you are looking for is "Fall Television". You then get choice of "New Shows" or "Returning Shows". Easy to locate shows.

On the DVR (HDUI) there is an option to Record the collection - makes catching all the new/returning shaows very easy.

michael

8. Sep 9, 2013 #8 of 25
    scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Choose both names, but make them optional by pressing either of the thumbs buttons until it appears in parenthesis
    Dracula * (Rhys-Meyers, Jonathon) * (Rhys Meyers, Jonathon)

9. Sep 9, 2013 #9 of 25
    Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    Windracer,
    Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen collections before.

Mdscott,
    I see the New Fall Television collections and that is a may be a big help.
    I say may because I am not clear on what the wishlist configuration will be.
    For instance, if I choose the Dracula Collection, it looks like it only sets the Title field to Dracula in the wishlist. This will try to record a lot of other Dracula shows.
    Or am I missing something?

Scandia101,
    I will give that a try. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

All,
    Now that I have a wishlist setup, will I be given an option closer to or after the premiere date when it appears in the guide to convert to or set a season pass?

Thanks for all the info,
    bdog

10. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Once a show has officially aired, you can click into the show and record as a season pass (new instance) and delete the wishlist instance.

11. WRX09MD

WRX09MD Member

Aug 24, 2013
    I like that part of the app also but wish it had more cable channels, its mostly network tv in that section. Works good though!

12. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    Always a potential problem when someone else (other than you) is doing the curation...

michael

13. Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.
    Wishlist is not perfect but it will at least allow me to enter new upcoming shows that are not yet in my SP.
    As the season gets close to starting, I'll convert them to SP, but at least they give me a list to work from and record shows I would have missed if I haven't created the SP yet.

Now, if we could only get CBS to realize that Sunday NFL Double-header will almost never end on time, (I am on the East Coast) and appropriately schedule Sunday Primetime so I don't have to add 1 hr to Amazing Race and the Mentalist!
    :)

This reminds me, every once in a while the Mentalist will not air if the games
    ended too late. However, my TiVo thinks it recorded it since it was scheduled.
    Then CBS will air the episode the next week but TiVo won't record since it thinks it already recorded the episode.
    Any ideas on getting around this dilemma?
    I don't keep up to date on the Mentalist and sometimes don't even realize it until a few weeks later.

14. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    About the only thing you can do in this case is set the SP to record all including duplicates. This has its own set of problems, but for a show on one of the big networks that doesn't air the same episode multiple times a week or run marathons, it's easy enough to manage.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    My strategy for the past decade or so has been not to watch shows that CBS airs on Sunday nights.

It was unfortunate to lose Cold Case, which I liked, and now Mentalist, but I watch too much TV anyway, so I look at it as CBS giving me an excuse to drop shows by making it too hard to watch them.

16. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    I don't have the "Fall Television" collection on my iPad app. I wonder if it only shows up if you have a Premiere (I have a TivoHD)

17. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I cant set up a season pass for blacklist on NBC or hostages on CBS through the guide,when the screens come up it only allows me to record the episode but thers no way to add the season pass:confused:

18. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I had a ARWL set up for this show and today, I noticed that the pilot was scheduled to record. I went through the ARWL to upcoming eps to set up a SP, but only had the record as scheduled option. I tried a regular search, and the search function didn't find it. I had to do a search by channel for the show and then I had the option of getting a SP.

19. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    O.K. thanks for the idea.