1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 3 YouTube incredibly slow

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by wfaulk, Jul 13, 2012.

1. wfaulk

wfaulk New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    My wife uses the YouTube feature of our Series 3 all the time. Or she used to. Sometime in the last couple of months, it became unusably slow. It now takes tens of seconds just to show the menu where YouTube, Amazon, etc., then another 15-20 seconds to bring up the YouTube interface, then several seconds per menu item to scroll down to "Search", and then, when typing in a search, every time it starts doing its partial lookups, it gets stuck for more tens of seconds at a time.

Anyone ever seen this, or, even better, know how to fix it?

2. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Sounds like your internet connection or DNS servers, I used it last night on my HD and it was the same as always - not fast, but not slow.

3. wfaulk

wfaulk New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Bingo!

I updated my DNS servers on my DHCP leases, but I forgot that my TiVo was set with a static IP, and, therefore, static DNS server entries.

Interestingly, I had to reboot the TiVo before YouTube started working right again. And it wasn't just the reboot that fixed it, as I'd tried that before.

Thanks a lot!