1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 3 and Netflix viewing

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DawnW, Sep 24, 2013.

1. DawnW

DawnW New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    NC
    I am not sure if I am missing something or not.

I have a Series 3 (two of them actually) and I am able to stream Netflix through them, BUT.......it doesn't save my spot.

If I am watching a series on TV, and I have just watched (say) Season 3, episode 4......it doesn't tell me that I am not at Season 3, episode 5. I have to scroll through the entire series to get to that episode.

It makes me nuts. I often have many days or even a week or so between watching, so if I can't remember what I watched last, I have to go online on the computer and go to Netflix.com and see where I left off before I can queue up to what episode I wish to watch.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get it working the way I want?

Thanks,

Dawn

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    The only way to "mark" the episodes as watched is to stop playback of the episode before it ends.
    That is, when you finish an episode, restart it and let it play some (or FF) and then stop and back out.
    This will add a "resume playback" to the episode menu for that episode.
    I know it's a clunky work around, but it's the only one that I know of that works.

3. DawnW

DawnW New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    NC
    Thanks.

That does help.

I just wondered if it actually DID save my last watched episode and I was missing something.

Sounds like I am not, but your tip is helpful.

One TV with Tivo has another HDMI port so we still have a Roku in there.

The other HDTV with the Tivo is older and there is only one HDMI port, so I am trying to use the Tivo to watch Netflix on that instead of a Roku.

Dawn

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Man the S3 Netflix app is terrible. I was over at my Sisters last week and my Niece wanted to watch something on Netflix. (we're watching The Walking Dead together) My wife was home using our TV so I decided to just setup my Netflix account on my Sister's TiVo so we could watch it there. Man the UI is slow and horrible, the video quality was terrible and there were several points where the audio and video drifted out of sync. I suffered through that one episode, but told her we'd need to watch the remaining episodes on the weekend at my house.

I only had Netflix for a couple months back when I had a S3. I had forgotten how bad the app really was. The one on my new Roamio is great. Much easier to use and full 1080p/24 quality.

5. DawnW

DawnW New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    NC
    Does the Roamio also have Hulu or Playon?

If not, I can just keep my Roku boxes for now on the other TVs what have more than one HDMI.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It has Hulu. It does not currently have PlayOn or any DLNA player, but they are supose to be releasing an app store for the Roamio in November.