1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

series 2 power cable

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tvmaster2, Sep 5, 2012.

1. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    I have a series 2 that I lost the power cable for. can you buy a replacement from say Walmart, lowes, staples that would fit the back connector? The reason I give those examples is that I am in a very small town and need it quickly.
    any other suggestions as to a substitute cable would be great
  2. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001

if you can't wait try radio shack
  3. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    Don't know about brick and mortar sources, but if you have amazon prime you could get one for $7.49 plus $3.99 for upgraded shipping and get it on Friday: link
  4. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If you have any VCR's or similar equipment around might have one on it.
  5. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    ok, thanks. I think it may be the same kind my cable company powers their Motorola boxes with, and they may have some extras.
  6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    The Motorola cable modem I had a while back that didn't use a "Wall Wart" used a cable with the polarized two prong connector on the end that looks like an 8 with one loop flattened on one side into a "D", and that's the same connector the S2s use.

You can get one at Radio Shack if you don't have one lying around.
  7. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Most cable boxes uses the same power cable, just go the the cable co store (if nearby) and say you need a power cable (the dog did my power cable in) Comcast charged me $5 for a new power cable.