1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 2 Dual Tuner with lifetime $100

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by replaytv, Mar 1, 2013.

1. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
  2. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    As if the BIN wasn't low enough it sold for only $42.

3. replaytv

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    The low price obtained is a lesson to tell the buyers that any lifetime TiVo listed needs to have the word 'lifetime' in the title. In fact, it is best to give as much info in the title of any eBay listing as most buyers don't do the advanced search option of searching the rest of the posting. So they don't know the Tivo has lifetime. Whenever I post on eBay I fill the whole title up with info.
    If you list a TiVo on eBay and neglect to mention the unit having 'lifetime' in the title you can get half of what the same TiVo will get if you have 'lifetime' in the title.

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I think $42 plus shipping is too high.

5. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    I agree. These boxes really don't have much value now.

6. reubanks

reubanks New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Especially with $41.05 added for shipping! :eek:

7. replaytv

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    hmmm.... I am glad that not everyone agrees with you on that. I will posting two or three of them on eBay for $150 to $200 each as that is what they have been selling at with 'buy it now'. They are worthless to me, as I only have antenna TV, and they only work with antenna TV badly with incorrect channel lineup and none of the dash channels. And you can only use them with the DTV Pal converter boxes.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...w=++TCD649080+++LIFETIME++&_sacat=0&_from=R40

8. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Yep, I'd be selling them as quickly as I could and not buying more unless they were for a really good price.