1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 2 channel changing issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Kdlm77, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Kdlm77

Kdlm77 New Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I have TWC cable. They recently updated to digital channels. My Series2 won't change channels with the DTA box and IR cables. I have tried numerous codes and nothing is working. I have tried 3 sets of IR cables, 2 calls to Tivo and 2 techs from TWC have come out in the last 2 weeks. Can someone give me any other ideas? I love my Tivo and have a lifetime on 2 units that I cannot use as they are.
    Thanks

2. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. Kdlm77

Kdlm77 New Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I have verified the IR blasters are working using the camera view finder. None of the codes I have tried are working. The DTA is an RCA brand. I have tried all the codes listed for it and more. Is there anything else I can try?
    Thanks so much for the above advice. At least I now know the blasters ARE working. My Tivo just won't change channels with the DTA. Each unit changes channels separately, but not together, if that makes sense.

4. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Plug the receiving eye that came with the DTA into it, aim Tivo blaster at it (maybe have someone hold them perfectly aimed at each other while testing) is more sensitive than eye built into DTA. The brand on box doesn't matter it's what ever codes your cable company uses, most TWC's and Brighthouse use Scientific Atlanta. The cable company and Tivo both should be able to tell you that.

5. Kdlm77

Kdlm77 New Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Ok, I tried holding the receiving eye to the blasters. It is still not changing channels. As for the code, I asked the TWC tech who came to my house about the code and he told me TWC would not give the code out help a Tivo customer. The 2 Tivo techs I talked to on the phone had me try various codes and none of them worked and they told me they couldn't help me any further. I feel like I am fighting a losing battle between DVR service wars. Thanks for your help.

6. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
  7. Kdlm77

Kdlm77 New Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I am in Evansville, Indiana. Just north of the Ohio river from Kentucky at the tip of Southern IN. Thanks!

8. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Did you ask if other models of DTA's were available? You would think the techs would have tried another brand if available but sounds like they didn't care too much. They might have the Cisco 170HD.

9. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    98% of the DTAs ever built use code 10104. There are also a few Cisco DTAs that use 10014, and one Evolution box used by WOW Cable that's on code 10084.

Look for the Advanced option in the Channel Changing menus to get to the screen where you can select the codes manually. The "B"version (like 10104-B) is usually the best choice.

10. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    there is no specific to DTA codes would use same as every DVR and converter on a system, for remote compatibility if nothing else.

11. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    What code They use is no secret, call and ask TWC why tech would say that I don't know maybe He didn't know.

12. shwru980r

shwru980r Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
  13. Kdlm77

Kdlm77 New Member

Aug 14, 2014
    THANK YOU! The 10104 code worked! I can't believe I have my Tivo back after almost 3 weeks of trying different codes and set ups. I appreciate you help so much. Thanks!

14. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Even the people on here who hate each other so much you hate to see them in the same thread will bust a gut to help each other with a TiVo-related problem.