1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 1 over Vonage

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Admdata, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Admdata

Admdata New Member

May 9, 2010
    Greeley PA
    Ok I have a SVR-2000 series 1 tivo, with lifetime, I am trying to get it to update over Vonage (new customer) not even 24 hours of one. I tryed a stanard call failed, try a "#019" says the line is busy and fails. tryed a *99 code failed. any ideas???

thanks Frank

2. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    I've heard of mixed (mostly bad) results using VOIP. In general, I have had difficulty with S1 boxes getting connections to complete without failure and that is with an ethernet connection. Usually took several attempts to get a successful completion and I've had four S1 boxes in the past 2 years. I suggest trying serial PPP. That is what I last used with an S1 that did not have a Turbonet card (I only have cell connection for phone).

3. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Are Detect dial tone and Detect line in use turned off?

4. Orthanos

Orthanos New Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Mine works but have to use one of the old phone traps that came with DSL to reduce the noise...

5. Admdata

Admdata New Member

May 9, 2010
    Greeley PA
    Yes they are both off

6. Admdata

Admdata New Member

May 9, 2010
    Greeley PA
    Phone traps? (dsl filters????)

7. BobCamp1

BobCamp1 Active Member

May 15, 2002
    You're supposed to start that with a comma. And you should put it into the dialing prefix space.

,#019

8. Admdata

Admdata New Member

May 9, 2010
    Greeley PA
    ok I will try that thank you.