1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling my TiVo Premiere... couple questions re: subscription

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by hungarianhc, Aug 21, 2013.

1. hungarianhc

hungarianhc New Member

May 30, 2007
    Hi There,

So I just ordered a new TiVo Roamio w/ a lifetime subscription. I have a couple questions about my TiVo Premiere that I'm going to be selling. When I first purchased it, I got it used for cheap, and then I found that I had to get a contract with a $19.99 subscription. That contract has lapsed a long time ago. Does this still require a $19.99 subscription from whoever buys it from me? Would their price be determined by whether or not they are eligible for a MSD? I seem to remember some TiVos (mine included, i think) not being eligigble for MSD. I'm glad to leave the montly TiVo fees behind w/ my new lifetime service unit, but I just want to make sure I don't mis-market it on eBay. Thanks!
  2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    The subscription rate on a premiere is $14.99/mo or with MSD, $12.99/mo.

If you've been paying $19.99/mo, you've been paying $5/mo more than you had to pay for a long time. If subscription rates are lowered, you don't automatically get the new rate, you have to essentially cancel your subscription and start a new subscription at the new rate.
  3. hungarianhc

hungarianhc New Member

May 30, 2007
    Okay cool - thanks. I'm not too concerned with the $5 / month lost for the past couple of years, but now that I'm selling this piece of hardware, there's no contract or anything attached to it... kinda like selling an old phone that's off contract. Thanks!
  4. irepoder

irepoder New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Since your contract has expired, the buyer of your Premiere will set up a new
    service plan with TiVo. Your old rate will not apply.
  5. mdscott

mdscott New Member

Jun 26, 2002
    When you sell remember to cancel the subscription/service!!

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    When I bought a premiere, $14.99/month was what they tried to foist on me....until I dickered them back to what I was paying on my original S3. My guess is there are lots of premiere users paying $14.99/month...
  7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    And then keep an eye on your credit card statement, just in case TiVo "forgets" that you cancelled.
  8. unitron

unitron New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Since you're moving up to a newer TiVo, call and tell them you want to cancel the other one unless they can offer you lifetime for it for $99, the way Premiere buyers have been able to do with their S3s (and some S2s).

Then, once it's lifetimed, it's lifetimed, you can keep it for another room, or sell it for a lot more than $99 plus whatever you would have gotten for it without a sub.

Note: You may have to play Customer Service rep Roulette (CSR) before getting one that'll co-operate, and may have to threaten to cancel the Roamio purchase.