1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling my premier xl where to sell and for how much

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Sevrin grey, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Sevrin grey

Sevrin grey New Member

Oct 26, 2013
    I just ordered a Tivo Roamio plus and I was wanting to sell my premier xl I've had for 2 years it has 2 tuners and most importantly it has the lifetime service with it I have a remote for it and a Tivo stream I'd like to sell with it that I got a year ago and a wireless g USB network adapter that I've had for a while and I was wondering where is the best place to try to sell it and how much you think I should ask for it?

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You can check out the "Heads up, I'm putting one on eBay" thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68

and its subthread, which is for deals directly between us TCF'ers, and see who's been asking how much for what, as well as searching completed auctions at eBay to see how much stuff has been going for there.

And check Craigslist in your area to see what prices are running like locally (although you don't get an indication of whether anyone's stepping up to buy at those prices, so search back a month or so to see if the same stuff gets relisted)

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If it has lifetime you can sell it for $350-$400. Without lifetime it's basically worthless.

4. Sevrin grey

Sevrin grey New Member

Oct 26, 2013
    How do I transfer the lifetime service to another person or does it just transfer with the box itself?

5. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    I sold 2 Series 3 Lifetime TIVO's on Craigslist. Locals like being able to come see what condition it is in and you get cash with no shipping hassles. Price was good for me considering I did not have to pack it. Also keep in mind that BOTH eBAY AND Paypal take a cut!

6. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
  7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Technically it will transfer with the box, but you can make it easier on the buyer and yourself if you call TiVo.

When you have the sale finalized, call TiVo and tell them you are selling the DVR and ask for a reference number that you can give to the buyer.
    When the buyer receives the DVR, he can then call TiVo with the reference number which can speed up the process of transferring the lifetime to his own account.