1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seasons pass transfer to new hard drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by caddyroger, Jul 10, 2013.

1. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I have a Tivo Premiere Elite. I will be installing a new hard drive this week end (I hope). Are their any way to save my seasons passes so I can transfer them?

2. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    If you are using jmfs to copy the drive, your recordings and season pases should carry over.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=455968

Why are you replacing the drive, for precautionary reasons?

3. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Thanks I learned some thing new to day. I have seen the the season pass on Kmttg but I did think you put them back on the premiere. I have them saved so hopefully nothing goes wrong sending them back to the tivo. It would be my luck it will not work for me.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Just make sure you used the "Save" button in kmttg to save your SPs into the .sp file format. If you use "Export" it just creates a CSV that can't be loaded back (to my knowledge).

Once you have the new machine running and can connect to it via kmttg, use the "Load" button to load your .sp file, select all your SPs, and then click "Copy." I've done this a few times and other than some minor quirks with WishList names, it works very well!

5. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Thanks for the information

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Aren't SP's still automatically replaced from tivo's servers when a tivo suddenly doesn't have the expected SP's, generally due to a fresh install of a new hard drive?

7. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    They should be downloaded especially if you re-order one on-line. Nice to have a backup JIC

8. NotVeryWitty

NotVeryWitty Too Big to Fail

Oct 3, 2003
    Central Mass.
    I just upgraded the hard drive on my Premiere last night. Did a C&DE and had it "phone home" a few times. This morning I checked it, and the guide seemed totally up to date (about 12 days ahead). The season Pass list was still empty though (as I expected).

Thankfully I saw this thread yesterday -- I already had kmttg on my Mac, but had been using it to copy some videos and didn't realize it could also read/write SP lists. So, before I started the upgrade last night I saved the SP with kmttg. Did a "Copy" to the new drive this morning (I left off all the ARWL's), and it looks like my Season Passes are totally restored (even the ones that don't have any upcoming episodes). :up::up::up:

9. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    So close,...
    Years ago someone suggested signing up for kids zone or something like that and your season passes back up automatically. I don't recall the particulars but I do remember seeing my passes mysteriously reappearing after following that suggestion.

10. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Here's TiVoPony's original post on the subject:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4121063#post4121063

11. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    So close,...
  12. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yeah, although with the removal of KidZone (and Guru Guides, replaced by Collections) from the more recent versions of the software, I'm not sure if/how that feature still functions.