1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Pass Problem

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Herb S., Dec 26, 2006.

1. Dec 26, 2006 #1 of 273
    Herb S.

Herb S. New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    I have season passes to Firefly and Battlestar on UHD. In checking those passes last night they showed no upcoming episodes, which I thought was quite strange. Upon checking the program guide there are upcoming episodes on both those shows albeit at diffrent times. I was under the impression season passes were not time dependent. Anyone have a answer on why this problem and how to prevent in the future. I'm reasonably new to the TIVO only have had the box for a few months.

2. Dec 26, 2006 #2 of 273
    rcbray

rcbray New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    I don't have the same problem and don't know the answer to your issue. Just thought I'd throw another season pass problem into the thread.

I've used the HR10 since they first "came out". First time I've seen this, and I'm still running ver 3.1.5f.

Per urging from my sister/brother-in-law, I set up a season pass for the "Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic. It shows on the Season Pass Manager. Drilling down to "Upcoming Episodes" shows around 4 episodes per day for the next couple weeks. However, when I go to the "To Do" list it shows none of them are scheduled and the Recording History doesn't show any of them cancelled for any reason. When I go back to "Upcoming Episodes" and click on one of them it shows that "it will not be recorded"; but like I said, no reason reflected in the Recording History.

I've deleted and reestablished the Season Pass. I've rebooted the HR10. Nothing changes.

Just went back and checked my To Do list. Little scheduled for this week. Checked and most of my passes are "repeats"; however once again, they don't show in Recording History as "not recorded" because they are repeats.

Bottom line: My Season Pass functionality has "gone south".

Any ideas would be appreciated.

3. Dec 26, 2006 #3 of 273
    gquiring

gquiring New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Matawan, NJ
    Same here with Firefly. It does not work, I have to record each one manually. I had a recent issue with the Closer also not being recorded either. I have had a few other recording issues also that were not season passes but I got the wrong movies recorded.

4. Dec 26, 2006 #4 of 273
    Herb S.

Herb S. New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    I forgot to add if my orignal post that my other season passes seem to be OK.

5. Dec 26, 2006 #5 of 273
    SpankyInChicago

SpankyInChicago New Member

May 13, 2005
    A lot of people are reporting these problems.

I first noticed it back in early Novemeber.

To fix it I ended up doing a C&D everything. That did work. But now the problem is back again and I am not doing another C&D because it would mean AGAIN reentering 70+ season passes.

6. Dec 26, 2006 #6 of 273
    JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Probably related to the bad guide data that DirecTV sent out recently. There are other threads concerning this situation.

7. Dec 26, 2006 #7 of 273
    Herb S.

Herb S. New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    If it is due to bad guide data would a reboot solve the problem as the box has to reacquire the guide data?

8. Dec 27, 2006 #8 of 273
    skoolpsyk

skoolpsyk New Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Not glad to hear about your problem, but kind of glad to hear it's not just happening to me!

It's happening to all my season passes; I've rebooted, made an extra guide call, but no changes.

I missed BSG yesterday on UHD and it sounds like it was a very important episode and doesn't look to be replayed before the season 2 finale on sunday. Needless to say, I'm Pissed!!!

How do we know that they know there is a problem? Is there someplace to email to let them know? I know if I call D* all they will tell me to do is unplug the receiver....

9. Dec 27, 2006 #9 of 273
    hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I set up a season pass for BBCA's AFTERLIFE, and it has yet to record one of them. I have to set it to record manually. THe guide info for the episodes is correct, and it shows all the upcoming episodes, so we can't blame that.

10. Dec 27, 2006 #10 of 273
    aeisner007

aeisner007 New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    I have a similar problem....I record the news and the tonight show....they are not recorded; the "to do" history indicates that the season pass was changed (not true). The program listings show these programs are scheduled but they are not being recorded.

This is not happening because of "repeat" programs.......

11. Dec 27, 2006 #11 of 273
    aeisner007

aeisner007 New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    I should have added that I did reboot, with no success.

12. Dec 27, 2006 #12 of 273
    primetime73

primetime73 New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    I noticed yesterday that there were no upcoming CSI's listed in my to do list but when I check the guide data for 01/04/07 there is a new episode listed. All the CSIs on Spike show in the upcoming viewing but none of the episodes on my local OTA. I set the HR10 to record it manually but the season pass will not pick it up. Then I noticed today that although 3 episodes of Heroes are listed as being on SciFi today if I search by title or use a Wishlist no episodes of Heroes are listed despite all showing up in the guide. My 2nd HR10 upstairs finds all the CSI episodes including OTA/Spike and Heroes without a problem. I have tried forcing a call and rebooting but neither worked. Both machines are running 6.3a software. Any idea on how to fix this? I don't want to have to manually check every season pass to make sure I am not missing any episodes.

13. Dec 27, 2006 #13 of 273
    rb5505

rb5505 New Member

Jul 28, 2004
    glad to see i'm not alone in this. over the past month or two i've noticed on both the hdtivo (hr10-250) and the std tivo (r10), that when looking into future shows within my season passes, some shows will show none. it also doesn't show in the search by title list. since many are daily shows with multiple showings, i knew something was up. what i needed to do was go to the search by channel and choose that shows channel, then scroll through the next 12 days or so and manually record the missing shows. this had happened a few weeks ago, but it did correct itself after a few days. now it's doing it again. as i said, 2 different types of tivos have done this. i'm guessing it's not the tivo's this time. it does show that the machines are up to date with about 12 days of guide and it does show completing the downloads. it's almost like it's downloading only part of the guide.

14. Dec 29, 2006 #14 of 273
    Herb S.

Herb S. New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Rebooted the hr10 yesterday evening,and the season passes to Battlestar and Firefly were in working order. It seems the theory that the problem is due to corrupted guide data is probably true. How often the guide data corrupted is the 64k question; it is a PITA to be constantly checking one's season passes to make sure everything is in working order.

15. Dec 29, 2006 #15 of 273
    jhimmel

jhimmel New Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Add me to list list of affected customers.
    Interestingly enough, it affected ONE of my Hr10-250's, but not the other.

Jim H.

16. Dec 29, 2006 #16 of 273
    rcbray

rcbray New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    I'm still running 3.1.5f and my Season Passes are totally "screwed up". I tried a reboot, no improvement. Then did a total Clear and Delete. No help.

I can see upcoming shows in the guide; but Season Passes don't schedule 90% of them. Some Season Passes even show a "none scheduled" notation in the left column of the To Do List; but if you "drill down" on upcoming programs, it shows lots of them.

Obviously the Tivo has visibility of shows in the Guide data; but something stops the Season Pass routine from finding them.

Customer Service was not aware of any Season Pass issues. Merely told me to reboot and wait a couple days for the new data to flow in.

17. Dec 31, 2006 #17 of 273
    BRSlim

BRSlim New Member

Jan 25, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Same here some, but not all of my season passes are screwed up. Also when i look at upcoming episodes I don't see the channel my SP is on, but other channels show up. I'm in NYC and get Law and Order (for example) in HD on 82 NBCE. When I go to upcoming episodes from season pass manager every channel that Law and Order is on showes up except 82 and 4 the NBC station in NYC. Several of my SPs have this issue. When I check on the episode info it says "This episode will not be recorded. Check (channel number and call letters) in Channels You Receive, or call 1-800-directv to order.

18. Jan 1, 2007 #18 of 273
    f0gax

f0gax New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Anything on this?
    I just encountered the problem.
    My To Do list had three items in it this morning. All SPs show "none scheduled".

19. Jan 1, 2007 #19 of 273
    steady teddy

steady teddy New Member

May 15, 2004
    Macomb, Mi.
    I haven't visted here in a while but I just noticed the same problem(s) with several shows like CSI, Shark, and Number3s.

I'll try a reboot to see what happens.

20. Jan 1, 2007 #20 of 273
    Cy Jervis

Cy Jervis New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Florida
    Add me to the list, just noticed this morning. I can use the guide to set up a second recording but the season pass doesn't see there is an upcoming show. Also noticed the search by title isn't working. I forced a call which went thru fine but didn't help, neither did a reboot. Customer service told me to turn off my call waiting until the 12th and with the new software I should be O.K.. I currently show software version 6.3a and never had a problem until today. I am currently doing a clear and delete and if that doesn't work I'll call back and tell them they can send me a new box thru my service contract. Hmmm I wonder if that is what they are trying to make me do anyway... :mad: this may be the end of Tivo for me. Wish me luck..