1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Pass only new shows?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jbriley3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. jbriley3

jbriley3 New Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Practically all of my season passes are configured for only new broadcasts.
    I'm now seeing many lined up to record that are NOT NEW. Multiple old shows to be recorded within a short period.
    :mad:

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    have any repeats actually recorded?

the reason i'm asking, sometimes the to do list will show repeats as being scheduled because of incomplete guide data. the data is usually correct by air time, so the repeats are never recorded.

also, there are occaisonally shows that the guide data is regularly incomplete, so tivo fails on the side of caution and records the show if it hasn't been recorded recently, so you don't miss an episode - this doesn't happen too often.

if you could furnish show titles, and how far in the future the recordings are scheduled, it would help to diagnose the trouble.

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Discovery Channel is really bad about this. I have a few season passes on this network and it regularly garbages up my To Do list because they simply list a generic program description so the TiVo schedules it. "Usually", Discovery gets around to updating the description and the programs don't record.