1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Pass Oddity & Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by markp99, May 17, 2012.

1. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Getting my new XL4 configured with the season passes from my old S3. I have a couple quick questions:

1. I attempted to create a SP for "Private Practice" (no snickers, please. It's for my wife. Really :)). I can SEARCH and FIND the program, but I am not presented with a Season Pass option. Any thoughts why this might be? The program/season is still active.

2. When I do find a program I'd like to create a season pass for, I select it, generally I see the HD channel listed (i.e., Chan 805 on Comcast). However, if I select >OPTIONS to limit to First Runs only, I ALWAYS see the non HD channel defaulted in the GUI (i.e., Chan 5). I can select the HD channel manually, but seems odd I need to do this -

- I have de-selected all the SD channels from my guide. TiVo should never be offering to records from these channels - correct?

Thanks,

Mark

2. markp99

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    (1) I figured out the "Private Practice" issue. The season really is over, there are no new episodes within the next 2 weeks.

(2) The issue of being presented with SD channels when setting up a SP persists.

3. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    (2) was a a problem with the last update(20.2) but is fixed in the newest(20.2.1.1)

4. markp99

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Thanks, good to know,

My new XL4 is still running 14.x.

I got myself on the priority list. Maybe I need to force a couple restarts?? ;)

5. markp99

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Restart got me to v20.2.0

Loving the new guide!