1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Pass not finding shows on all channels

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rushe, Jul 21, 2012.

1. rushe

rushe New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Got a THR-22 a couple of months ago to replace an ailing (and failing) HR10-250. I've noticed a different behavior on how shows are found and recorded using the Season Pass on the new THR-22.

The old behavior was that Season Pass would find a show no matter which channel it appeared on (for example, Law & Order on USA, cloo, and local NBC, either OTA or via satellite). On the new THR-22 I find I have to set up separate season passes for the same show on each channel.

What's peculiar is that if you search for a show then ALL shows will appear on the upcoming episodes list (as one would expect). But, if you pick one and create a Season pass, then only future shows on the channel you happen to have selected will record -- all others will be ignored.

I consider this to be an introduced software bug, and the new behavior is definitely not what I want or expected.

Anyone else seeing the same behavior or have a solution for this?

2. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    Season passes have always been channel-specific, as far as I know (at least in my 5 years having TiVo). Only Wishlists disregard channel number.

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Always channel specific - TiVos have worked this way back to 1998. The HR10 too. You can create an autorecord wishlist if you want to match shows on any channel.

4. Alan P

Alan P New Member

May 15, 2002
    Yeah, it's been channel specific since my first Tivo (~1998).