1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season pass not available for certain collections

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by s10023, Nov 22, 2013.

1. s10023

s10023 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I was browsing some of tivo's "collections" on the roamio. Many of them allow me to setup a "season pass" (though i don't think it's called that) on the collection so that anytime any of the shows in the collection are on, they are recorded. But some of the collections do not offer this option and I was wondering if this was a bug in the software. For example, on my roamio, Collections->Movies->Kids/Family Movies DOES NOT offer the option to setup a collection recording season pass.

2. s10023

s10023 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    can anyone else replicate this issue?

3. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Maybe you don't receive any of the channels the shows are on?

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Because that isn't a Collection.

If you go down from Collections to Movies (where Kids & Family Movies is) that is just a group that allows you to browse and select individual items to record. The only Collections are the ones listed under Collections (Top Picks, What's New, Movember, etc.) and they will have the "Record this Collection" item at the top.

5. s10023

s10023 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    It shouldn't matter. Isn't the point of it to record anytime a show in the collection is on? So even if no showS are on this week or next, in two months a show could come in on a channel we receive.

6. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yes, a Collection will schedule regardless of whether the shows are on channels you receive or not. However, the thing you are trying to record (Kids & Family Movies) is not a Collection.

Collections:
    [​IMG]

Not Collections:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. s10023

s10023 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks but I dont think that it is not a collection. For example, movies>academy award>best picture let's me set a season pass.

8. s10023

s10023 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks but I dont think that it is not a collection. For example, movies>academy award>best picture let's me set a season pass.

9. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You're right, I see that. It appears that the top few rows do contain Collections. So things that start with "Best" or "Most Popular" are collections, but the generic ones like "Action Movies" are just groups, not collections and thus cannot be scheduled to record.