1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Pass for the Today Show - Only Want to Record the 1st Showing

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by eht, Dec 11, 2013.

1. eht

eht New Member

Dec 5, 2013
    The Today Show on NBC is listed as 3 shows: 7am-9am, 9am-10am, and 10am-11am.

I only want to record the first showing (7am-9am). Is there any way in the Season Pass options to do this?

I know in Windows Media Center, you can do this selecting the start time of the show. I could not find any options in the Season Pass Manager.

2. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    No, there's no time filter for SPs. TiVo assumes you don't care what time a show is on.

You can set up repeated manual recordings to accomplish the same thing, though you may have to set up 5 of them for Mon-Fri coverage.

3. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    IIRC, there is a M-F option in manual recording. At least there used to be.

Edit: Just looked. You can do M-F.

4. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Thanks. I thought I remembered it, but when I checked before posting it wasn't there under the "How Often" choices. But that's because it's under the "Day" choices instead (reasonable).

5. eht

eht New Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Thank you. I'm all set. I used the M-F repeat option.

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    This is what I've done for years. I only want the core two-hour block, so I set a manual recording. Was hoping someone here had a better answer.:cool:

7. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cary, NC
    It shows as a single program here, from 7am-11. There is also a condensed repeat at 2:05am that the season pass always picks up.

8. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    If you keep up by watching it every day, you could set the SP to KAM 1 episode and KUID. The drawback with this is that you'd have to keep up with it or you'll miss recordings.

9. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Slick solution. :up:

I don't mind the manual recording. It's always the same time, and should something go wrong, it's not mission critical. And while I generally delete it each night, sometimes life interferes and I miss it for a day or two. I think I have it set for keep 3 at most.

And I don't really watch the entire show. I like to watch it while I get ready for work in the morning, and by recording it, I can FF thru the slow parts. I probably don't watch a total of 30 minutes.

Nonetheless, interesting solution. Thanks.

10. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, I was wondering about that too.. I thought maybe it was a recent change or something.

I manually record the first half hour of the Today show, but only as a convenient long show that the Viggle app usually matches (audio checkin to get several hours of points while at work).