1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

season pass copy to phantom Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by marklyn, Apr 30, 2014.

1. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I think it'd be nice to be able to copy all of your season passes over to a 'phantom' tivo box that is automatically set up in your account when you initially add your Tivo TSN. This would allow a user, who doesn't have the technical means to install Tivo Desktop or other software on their desktop, to temporarily move/backup all of their season passes in the event that their Tivo needed to be replaced.
    It would not address any recorded shows, but if you have a ton of season passes, it'd be a nice way to safeguard them and/or restore them back when a replacement Tivo is sent back to you.

2. BiloxiGeek

BiloxiGeek Reality Challenged

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
  3. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    The whole point of my suggestion was to make it super easy for very non-technical people. I use KMTTG and know that if you're not gifted with some basic technical know-how, you won't be able to set this up and use that easy. That was the reference to 'other software' in my suggestion.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I just set KMTTG up last night on my newer TiVo Desktop machine because of some issues I've been having with Tivo Desktop. I had not used KMTTG in a long while. It seemed pretty straightforward when I used it last night. I just had to install java, but the instructions said it needed to be installed and had the download link.