1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search upcoming listings by genre?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bsmith1051, May 16, 2012.

1. bsmith1051

bsmith1051 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I recently subscribed to HBO and got Showtime and TMC for a limited time, too, so I now have about a dozen new movie channels. Instead of trying to browse them all I'm wondering if there's a way to search by genre? For instance, I would like to be able see all upcoming sci-fi or action/adventure movies.

I know there's a Browse option on the main menu but it searches Netflix etc rather than the local/upcoming listings.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
  2. 9300170

9300170 New Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    I search by title, select a genre, and put in a "0" as the lowest value possible and get a list of that type of content.
  3. evanborkow

evanborkow New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Wish List search.
  4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Browse does include your local lineup(s) in addition to any Video Providers you have selected (Hulu Plus, Amazon, Netflix, etc.).

Go to Browse TV & Movies > Movies > and pick a genre. Then press A to go into the Browse options and change the Cost field to Free (or use the C button to cycle through the different Cost options). Then you can look for the TV icon on the resulting movie listings.

If you don't want to include Netflix and the like in your Browse (or Search), turn them off under Settings > Channels > My Video Providers.
  5. bsmith1051

bsmith1051 New Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Great, thanks! I'll try that.