1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search - Matching Options

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by orangeboy, Jun 9, 2011.

1. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Why doesn't "regular" Search have Matching Options like FAQ search? See below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    This might be more appropriately asked at vBulletin's site as it's their software and that's how they laid it out.

3. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Thanks Mike,
    I took a look in their forums, and found this thread that is similar to my situation:
    Implementing "Exact Phrase" Match for Search

Here's my situation: I've been looking for TiVo apps to include in a list. Within the list, I've been including a link to threads (if present) about the app here on TCF. I performed a search for Galleon in TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo, using "Search Titles Only", and came up with 194 results. Result #43 is "Galleon 2.5.1 Is Now Available", so I start a new search using "Galleon Is Now Available" (sans quotation marks), and come up with the same 194 results. If I search only for "Is Now Available" (again, sans quotes), I come up with zero results. Surrounding my search terms in quotes has no effect, other than term changing to "Is*Now*Available", and still zero results. What am I doing wrong?

Follow-up question(s): Is "fulltext search" enabled in "vBulletin Options -> Search Type", and if not, can it be?

Thank you!

4. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    Yes, it is...although as you've discovered, vB searching is still less than perfect.