So you are against a company that is trying to bring more HD, more channels, and more choices for the MAJORITY of its customers. To put this bluntly, cablecard customers only make up about 1% of the cableco's customer base. The other 99% want the new channels and more HD. Plus the cable co's are a business, they have to compete with the 300+ channels D* is advertising. What do you expect them to do? Not offer anything new to 99% of their customer base so that the handful of cablecard customers can get SOME hd channels? Without SDV, cablecos cant offer any new HD channels unless doing something drastic like comcast did in Chicago. How this affects Chicago will be interesting because every customer will have to get a box on every outlet, kinda like D*. I like my S3 and want all of the HD channels I can get, but I understand where the cable co's are going. I want my S2DT to continue to work as a DUAL tuner and not need a box for my garage TV, so I would like for analog to stick around for awhile.