1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screensaver when pausing

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by tigger, Dec 4, 2012.

1. tigger

tigger New Member

Feb 16, 2002
    It's been awhile since I've been to the forums (oddly, exactly 5 years ago today, in fact!), it's good to see they're still running strong.

I got the new THR-22 a couple of weeks ago, and have a question about the bouncing logo screensaver -- is there any way to turn it off, or at least what's the quickest way to clear it? Sometimes I need to pause for many minutes while watching a recorded show and the screensaver comes on, and I have a witch of a time getting it to clear off.

Is there an easy fix?

Thanks!

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    There is no way to disable it. Exit should clear it.

3. tigger

tigger New Member

Feb 16, 2002
    Bummer that it can't be disabled. Unfortunately, clearing it is a pain because it can take numerous pushes of the button before it works (sometimes using any button will finally work, for example ChannelUp has worked...eventually), and often I have to turn off my TV and turn it back on (not sure why that works when it's the Tivo receiver that's pausing...lol).

Ah well, sounds like one of those quirks I just have to deal with. :p

Thanks, Steve.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Sounds as if you have something interfering with the remote control sensor. I never have this issue.

5. wedenton

wedenton Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Just pressing Play twice works for me.