1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Saver

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by Emacee, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Emacee

Emacee New Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    I see this has been posted three to five years ago. It's worth mentioning again.

2. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    If they ever include a screen saver, they need to make an option to turn it off. I don't want that nonsense running on my TiVo.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Ever notice how the Tivo reverts to live TV if you leave it in the menus without any input? That's the screen saver.

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    If you press pause, it never goes to any other screen. I once hit pause on a TiVo and went on a trip. Two weeks later we came home and it was still paused on the same place. Of course, the TV was off, so it didn't really hurt anything.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    It won't hurt most TVs. At work we have a bunch of information monitors, plasma and LCD. Sometimes an image will be frozen for days or weeks on the monitor until it's reported. The only ones we ever had an issue with were the plasma monitors. We've never an issue with the LCD monitors when a static image was on the screen for a long time.

6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    It's kind of hard to get phosphor burn on a liquid crystal diode.

7. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    You can get image persistance on lcd displays which can be annoying. Unlike the burned in images, lcds will eventually right themselves and there are steps you can take to remove persistant images (basically displaying a solid white image on the screen)