1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen cutoff

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jeffm5690, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jeffm5690

jeffm5690 New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    I never had this problem with my premiere. I upgraded to a tivo roamio and mine. Since the upgrade, both the left and right of the screen on both roamio and the mini are cut off. I have verified the settings on both boxes and tvs multiple times. Any ideas???

2. ncfoster

ncfoster Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Not sure what you mean by verifying the settings on both boxes and TVs. Which settings? The first thing that comes to mind for me is that the Roamio supports 1080p60, while the Premiere does not. If it is in 1080p mode, then it is highly likely that the TV is operating on a different group of settings than it was with the Premiere. Many (maybe most) TVs will apply different picture size/aspect ratio settings based on what format it is being fed. The names of these settings will vary from one TV to the next. On my Pioneer, the setting that I want is "Dot by Dot", as opposed to things like FULL1, FULL2, ZOOM, etc.

Altogether, more information is probably needed to figure this out, but it doesn't correspond to my experience.

3. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    press the zoom button?