1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scheduling roamio from smart phone?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by 2004raptor, May 6, 2014.

1. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I downloaded the tivo app for android with the intention of being able to see a guide and scheduling shows. Unless I'm mistaken, it isn't possible.

When the app launches it shows it's scanning for tivo boxes. It's only looking on my home network but what happens if I'm not home? Am I doing something wrong?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    When you're away from home and logged into the app with your TiVo.com username you should be able to view your Guide data and schedule recordings.

3. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Hmmm. I tried it today while out and all it did was scan for tivos. Do I have to be on wifi?

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    No. I do it all the time.

You have to set it up for out of home use FIRST from your local WiFi (on the same network as the Tivo).

5. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    I rarely use the Tivo app on my Android phone since I go a slide remote but it wouldn't allow me to connect over the phone cell data connection and told me I needed to connect to wifi, it wouldn't find my boxes but I figured out I needed to connect using tivo.com login instead of MAK.

Just be sure you are using your tivo.com login instead of your MAK.

6. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Ok. So I log in at home and then what? Is it in settings or something.

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I'm using my Android tablet for this, but hopefully the phone interface is the same.

First make sure you're logged in with your tivo.com account and not your MAK. If you tap the gear, the first section in the dropdown menu should be TiVo Account. If you're logged in with your MAK, try logging out and then back in with your TiVo.com account.

After that, you should be able to use the tabs at the botton (Guide, My Shows, Browse, Manage) to see your information and schedule a recording.

The "out of home" setup referenced above only applies to iOS devices, which can stream recorded content to iPhones and iPads. This isn't available on Android devices yet.

8. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I have no idea how the android app works, but from the iOS app, it's in More/Settings/Setup.

9. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    It works for me. Let it scan for TiVo boxes and fail. You might have to click "OK." Then select "sign in to tivo.com." Your "Guide(Away)" should now show up where you can sort programs, etc.