1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scheduling Automated Tivo Transfers

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by ed3120, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ed3120

ed3120 New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    I'd like to set up some automated transfers for some shows and have them automatically converted for my iPhone. I'd like to have this happen automatically each night, overnight, so as not to disrupt my PC during the day.

Can I schedule these Tivo Desktop Plus transfers to start at midnight each night and stop at 8AM? Can I do this via running a Windows Scheduled Task that launches a command or batch file that manually starts or stops a Tivo Desktop service? Or is there a better way?

Does KMTTG support this functionality? Would I be better off with it for this purpose?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I use kmttg for this on my Linux box. kmttg has a -b command-line flag that will run it in batch (it starts, executes any auto-transfers, and then shuts down). I run this nightly so that downloaded shows are available for streaming via AirVideo to my iPhone or iPad.

I'm guessing you could accomplish the same thing in Windows using the Task Scheduler to run the kmttg batch file (with the -b flag). The same goes for TiVo Desktop, but kmttg is probably the more elegant solution in this case (just for the available options for matching auto-transfers alone).

3. ed3120

ed3120 New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hmm...I launched KMTTG to try this, but it doesn't detect my Tivo. Nor is there a button to tell it to search for my Tivo. I even tried manually adding my Tivo's IP address and still, nothing changed.

When I first loaded it, it downloaded the helper files, and then I entered MAK. I'm not sure what to do next to get it to list the recordings on my Tivo.

4. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    It's been a while since I've had to set it up from scratch, but look under File - Configure and then the Tivos tab. You can tell kmttg to search for your TiVos, or try using the TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour.

5. ed3120

ed3120 New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Unfortunately, I tried that with both the beacon and bonjour...no luck. :(

6. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Does TiVo Desktop see your TiVos? Do you have transfers enabled (via your tivo.com account)?

7. ed3120

ed3120 New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Yes. I have no problem with Tivo Desktop.

8. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    My guess would be a firewall issue. Make sure Java is not being denied network access.

9. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I was going to suggest the same thing. :cool: