1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schedule recording from one Premiere to another on the same network?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by atomarchio, Jul 28, 2014.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I have 2 Premiere's connected to the same network.

I want to be able to watch on Tivo and then schedule a recording to a different Tivo on the same network.

Is that possible?

Please help. Thanks.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Yes, use the android or iOS app.

3. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I don't have my phone near me when I am near the Tivo.

I am trying to understand if there is a way to do this with the Tivo remote, not another device.

If I can access my other Tivo devices from the Now playing screen, was hoping I could someone how record show to other Tivo's listed.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I used to have step by step procedure on how to do it, so yes it is possible. It all starts by visiting the other TiVo on your network via link to that TiVo at bottom of My Shows. When the remote TiVo My Shows is displayed press Guide and there will be not completely obvious way to schedule recordings on the remote TiVo. For SP scheduling I think it's not immediately obvious how to do it, but when doing the correct way it will show the name of the remote TiVo on one of the recording pages so you know it's being scheduled on remote TiVo instead of the local one.

EDIT: Here's a an old post of mine with some more details:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9704375&highlight=remote+tivo#post9704375

5. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Your old post is 32 pages long. Can you help me find the specific page these instructions are on?

Please help. Thanks.

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The link should take to post #701 in that thread which is the precise post I was referring to.

7. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    When I go into the remote TiVo and press guide, I get the guide for the local TiVo not the remote one.

I've read the post and tried this repeatedly but only the local guide will appear.

Any suggestions on how I can get past this? Please help. Thanks.

8. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    My recollection is that you're right, and Guide is no longer tied to the choice of TiVo; it's always the local TiVo. I tried to do this a while back and it no longer worked.

You can set up some recordings and SPs on the remote TiVo - if you go to the remote TiVo, and "Explore this show" (or something similar) on a show in its My Shows, you can travel a web of related shows, or shows with the same actors. You'll be able to schedule a remote SP, or choose a single episode to record.

But that's very clumsy, and relies on luck - I don't know of any way currently to record an arbitrary show on the remote TiVo.

Edit: The above is wrong - see messages below.

9. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

When in the guide, are you selecting a show and then going to "Season Pass & other options" or "Explore this show?"

The guide may be local, but if you select one of those it should take you to options on the remote TiVo.

10. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    You're right! I had forgotten that step myself, but once you do that it will revert to using the remote TiVo for the recording.

So that does enable you to record an arbitrary show on the remote TiVo as long as it appears in the guide of the local TiVo.

11. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I forgot that step also and once you reminded me it worked right away. Thanks!

I was able to record single show to remote Tivo and a season pass to remote TiVo.

Great job!

12. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes, so the steps in the post I linked to above still apply.

13. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Using the TiVo desktop app you can download from any and push to other TiVo.